|Former names||StarTex Power Field (pre-merger)|
|Location||1 Stadium Drive
Sugar Land, Texas 77498
|Owner||City of Sugar Land|
|Operator||Opening Day Partners|
|Field size||Left Field – 325 feet (99 m)
Center Field – 405 feet (123 m)
Right Field – 348 feet (106 m)
|Broke ground||April 5, 2011|
|Opened||April 26, 2012|
|Construction cost||US$37 million|
|Sugar Land Skeeters (2012-present)|
Constellation Field is a baseball park located in Sugar Land, Texas. It is the home of the Sugar Land Skeeters in the Atlantic League that began play in 2012. The park also has the ability to host football, soccer, lacrosse, and cheerleading competitions, as well as concerts. Constellation Field has a capacity of 7,500 spectators for baseball games, and 9,500 spectators for concerts.
In December 2010, StarTex Power—a Houston-based power company—bought the naming rights for the ballpark from the team and the City of Sugar Land. The deal is scheduled to last for 10 years. In December 2011, the ballpark's name was changed to Constellation Field after the merger of StarTex Power and Constellation Energy.
Constellation Field opened on April 26, 2012 when the Sugar Land Skeeters hosted the York Revolution.
The ballpark has held various concerts in its history. On October 19, 2012, REO Speedwagon and Night Ranger used Constellation Field as a venue, and the following day ZZ Top and Kenny Wayne Shepherd did the same.
Constellation Field hosted the 2013 Southland Conference Baseball Tournament, and will host the 2015, and 2016 conference tournaments.
Constellation Field has one of the largest scoreboards in minor league baseball. It is also unique in that its shape resembles Texas' borders. The scoreboard, constructed by TS Sports, rises almost 100 feet above the playing field. Additionally, Constellation Field has a traditional, manually operated scoreboard in the left-field wall.
- Campbell, Steve (2012-04-26). "Skeeters' dazzling debut offers everything but a win". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- Volentine, Jason (2010-05-18). "Sugar Land O.K.s Minor League Baseball Deal". KIAH. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- Fowler, Tom (2010-12-15). "StarTex Power gets naming rights to new minor league ball park". Fuel Fix. Retrieved 2012-05-15.
- "Constellation Energy Puts Name On Sugar Land Ballpark". Sugar Land Skeeters. 2010-12-15. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- "Rock-n-Roll Weekend at Constellation Field: ZZ Top and Kenny Wayne Shepherd". CultureMap Houston. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- Duarte, Joseph (May 13, 2014). "Cougars earn first season sweep of Owls since 1991". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- "Texas Sized Scoreboard Unveiled". Sugar Land Skeeters. 2011-09-08. Retrieved 2012-05-17.