|Founder(s)||Artem Berman, Anton Kolomyeytsev|
|Headquarters||Wakefield, Massachusetts, U.S.|
StarWind Software, Inc. is a computer software company specializing in storage virtualization and building iSCSI, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and ATA-over-Ethernet storage area networks (SANs).
StarWind Software is a privately held company which began in 2008 as a spin-off from Rocket Division Software, Ltd. (founded in 2003), with a round A of investment from ABRT Venture Fund. StarWind is headquartered in Wakefield, Massachusetts, USA.
StarWind iSCSI SAN software had reviews such as ZDNet, OpenBench Labs, AnandTech, TechRepublic, and Microsoft TechNet. In 2009 StarWind Software won the Sprout Award from Everything Channel at XChange '09.
In December 2013 StarWind Software nearly won both "Storage Virtualization Product of the Year" and "Virtualization Management Product of the Year" titles from SVC Awards with Emulex LightPulse Gen 5 Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters by Emulex and Cisco UCS Director (formerly Cloupia) by Cisco products in front.
- "ABRT Venture Fund Investment". Venture Deal.
- "Exchange 2007 SP1 SCC using Server 2008 StarWind iSCSI – Part 1". Elan Shudnow (MVP).
- "iSCSI on the Cheap". Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine.
- "Star Wind Software claims "Zero to SAN in 30 Minutes"". ZDNet.
- "How to jumpstart SAN + LAN convergence". InfoStor.
- "Affordable storage for the SME". AnandTech.
- "Building a robust test-lab at home with virtualization". TechRepublic.
- "Network-based storage options for robust home labs". TechRepublic.
- "Toolbox: New Products for IT Professionals.". Microsoft TechNet.
- "8 Hot New Startups At XChange '09". CRN.
- SVCAwards (Dec 20, 2013). "SVCAwards 2013 Winners and Runners Up". Retrieved 2013-12-20.