Star City (amusement park)
The outer façade of the entrance building, pictured in 2008
|Location||Barangay 1, Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
Star City has a variety of attractions including kiddie rides, a playground, Winter Funland, Dino Island, Star Theater, miniature train rides, a go-kart track, and four roller coasters. Snow World, with freezing temperatures, has carved ice slides for kids, carved ice statues, ice castles and igloos. Dino Island contains a small museum with prehistoric artifacts.
Star City is also the home of the Giant Wheel Ferris wheel. It has 32 air-conditioned gondolas, each able to seat up to six persons, and in 2012 was said to be the tallest Ferris wheel in the Philippines. Conflicting reports credit it as being 60 m (197 ft) and 62.5 m (205 ft) tall.
- Star City (Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines)
- Internet Philippines website; Bloom, Grosberg, Jealous and Kelly, pp. 80, 87
- Star City - Manila Atrractions - Manila Gateway
- Star City blog; Manila Gateway website.
- "PH's 'highest' ferris wheel is in Pasay". ABS-CBN. 28 November 2012.
- "Star City claims its Giant Wheel is "highest Ferris wheel in PH," has 32 air-conditioned gondolas". Spot. 28 November 2012.