Star Trek Roleplaying Game
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)|
Star Trek Roleplaying Game Player's Guide cover
|Designer(s)||Matthew Colville, Kenneth Hite, Ross S. Isaacs, Steven S. Long, Don Mappin, Christian Moore & Owen Seyler|
|Genre(s)||Science fiction (Star Trek)|
The Star Trek Roleplaying Game is a role-playing game (RPG) set in the Star Trek universe using the CODA System rules and first published by Decipher, Inc. in 2002. When Decipher acquired the rights to create the RPG, they also acquired most of the gaming studio from Last Unicorn Games. However, the Decipher game system is dissimilar to the one that Last Unicorn published. Instead, the system is similar to Wizards of the Coast's d20 System but uses 2D6 to resolve actions.
Books released for the game include:
- Book 1: Star Trek Roleplaying Game Player's Guide (2002) - The bookcover, illustrated by Kieran Yanner, shows the various notable starship captains (see image at right).
- Book 2: Star Trek Roleplaying Game Narrator's Guide (2002)
- Book 3: Starfleet Operations Manual (2003)
- Book 4: Starships (2003)
- Book 5: Aliens (2003)
- Book 6: Creatures (2003)
- Supplement: Star Trek Narrator's Screen (2003)
- Worlds (PDF only, 2005)
- Mirror Universe: Through a Glass Darkly (PDF only, 2005)
Several more books were planned, including books based on Klingons, diplomats, and traders. Decipher was forced to close down their RPG studio before those books were published, so although they were written those books haven't been released. On November 12, 2007, Decipher CEO Warren Holland confirmed that the company would no longer be releasing any material concerning the Star Trek RPG.
- Star Trek Character Builder, a Windows application to generate characters for Star Trek Roleplaying Game
- Brennan, Eric (September 2002). "Star Trek Roleplaying Game Player's Guide and Narrator's Guide (Review)". RPGnet. Retrieved 2007-10-16.
- Goodman, Patrick. "Star Trek RPG Narrator's Guide (Review)". Pen & Paper. Retrieved 2007-10-16.
- Pook, Matthew (2002-05-10). "Pyramid Review: Star Trek Roleplaying Game -- Player's Guide". Pyramid (online).