Star Wars Rebels
|Star Wars Rebels|
|Format||CGI Animated series|
|Voices of||Freddie Prinze, Jr.
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||Unknown|
|Executive producer(s)||Simon Kinberg
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
|Original channel||Disney XD (2014)
Disney Channel (premiere)
|Original airing||Fall 2014|
|Preceded by||Star Wars: The Clone Wars|
|Followed by||Star Wars live-action TV series|
Star Wars Rebels is an upcoming CGI animated series that will be produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation. It takes place between Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, in which the Galactic Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking form. The series is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 as a one-hour special on Disney Channel before airing regularly on Disney XD. Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Greg Weisman have all been announced as executive producers.
The series time frame takes place 5 years before the Battle of Yavin and fourteen years after the foundation of the Empire. The series will follow a motley group of rebels - all of whom have been affected by the Empire in one form or the other.
Cast and Characters
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Kanan Jarrus, a renegade Jedi who survived the Great Jedi Purge. Thus he keeps his lightsaber under lock and key and brandishes a blaster instead to avoid the attention of the Empire. He is sarcastic but also distraught over the destruction of his culture and former way of life. 
- Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger, a charismatic 14 year old con artist, thief and pickpocket. Living on the Outer Rim World of Lothal as the Empire strip mine the resources of his homeworld for Sienar's TIE fighter production. He is just starting to learn how to use the Force through Kanan's tutelage. Stealing to survive, he has no real loyalty to anyone.
- Steve Blum as Zeb Orrelios, an alien sidekick known for his physical strength. His physical appearance is based on Ralph McQuarrie's original conceptual artwork for Chewbacca.
- Tiya Sircar as Sabine, a female Mandalorian with expert knowledge of weapons and explosives. She is also a graffiti artist who tags Imperial facilities with anti-Imperial propaganda after an attack.
- Vanessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla, a Twi'lek who pilots the Ghost.
- C1-10P (aka Chopper), a grumpy Astromech Droid. He was made of spare parts, since his masters could not afford anything new. His physical appearance is heavily modeled on the original Ralph McQuarrie conceptual artwork for R2-D2. His personality is a far cry from R2-D2's. He's agitated, cantankerous, and stubborn, seemingly caring little about the organic beings he has to work with.
- Imperial Inquisitor, a Pau'an, the main antagonist and Dark Side user tasked by Darth Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi left in the galaxy.
- Itzkoff, Dave (May 20, 2013). "'Star Wars' Animated Series Set for 2014 Debut". New York Times. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- McLean, Thomas (February 12, 2014). "‘Star Wars Rebels’ Unveils Kanan, the Cowboy Jedi". Animation Magazine. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- Hibberd, James (February 11, 2014). "'Star Wars Rebels' first human character revealed". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Sands, Rich (February 14, 2014). "First Look: A New Recruit for Star Wars Rebels". TV Guide. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- Day, Patrick Kevin. 'Star Wars Rebels' animated series to premiere in fall 2014. May 20, 2013. Los Angeles Times.
- Ng, Philiana (February 19, 2014). "'Star Wars Rebels': Meet 'Feisty' Weapons Expert Sabine (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- 'Star Wars Rebels': Final hero revealed plus ALL the new characters together for first time -- EXCLUSIVE
- Hibberd, James (Jan 28, 2014). "'Star Wars Rebels': New droid revealed". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 13, 2014.