|— Municipality and Town —|
|• Mayor||Đorđe Radinović (SNS)|
|• Municipality||351 km2 (136 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Area code||+381 22|
Stara Pazova (Serbian Cyrillic: Стара Пазова, pronounced [stâːraː pâzɔv̞a]) is a town and municipality in Srem District of Vojvodina, Serbia. The town has a population of 18,602, while Stara Pazova municipality has 65,792 inhabitants.
During the Ottoman administration (16th-18th century), Pazova was populated by ethnic Serbs. In the 18th century (after 1760) Evangelic Slovaks settled in Pazova, and in 1791 Germans arrived here as well. Germans lived in separate settlement known as Nova Pazova ("New Pazova"), thus the old settlement was named Stara Pazova ("Old Pazova"). Until the second half of the 20th century, Slovaks were largest ethnic group in the town of Stara Pazova, while largest ethnic group in the surrounding municipality were Serbs. According to the 1910 census, population of the Stara Pazova municipality numbered 46,430 inhabitants, of whom 24,262 spoke Serbian language, 9,348 German language, 5,779 Slovak language, and 5,670 Croatian language.  According to the 1971 census, 56% of population of the town of Stara Pazova were Slovaks. Today, largest ethnic group in both, town and municipality, are Serbs.
Stara Pazova municipality includes the town of Stara Pazova and the following settlements:
Ethnic groups (2002 census)
|This article is outdated. (January 2012)|
Ethnic groups in the municipality
- Serbs = 54,850 (81.17%)
- Slovaks = 5,992 (8.87%)
- Croats = 1,615 (2.39%)
- Roma = 1,085 (1.61%)
- Yugoslavs = 754 (1.12%)
- Montenegrins = 252 (0.37%)
- Macedonians = 209 (0.31%)
- Hungarians = 130 (0.19%)
All settlements in the municipality have an ethnic Serb majority.
Ethnic groups in the town
- Serbs = 10,477 (56.19%)
- Slovaks = 5,848 (31.37%)
- Yugoslavs = 357 (1.92%)
- Croats = 330 (1.77%)
- Roma = 274 (1.47%)
Historical population of the town in different time periods:
- 1869: 4,132
- 1880: 4,629
- 1890: 5,838
- 1900: 6,674
- 1910: 7,339
- 1921: 7,751
- 1931: 8,536
- 1948: 9,193
- 1953: 10,103
- 1961: 12,089
- 1971: 13,776
- 1981: 16,217
- 1991: 17,110
- 2002: 18,645
- 2011: 18,429
Twin towns — Sister cities
Stara Pazova is twinned with:
- "Municipalities of Serbia, 2006". Statistical Office of Serbia. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "2011 Census of Population, Households and Dwellings in The Republic of Serbia: Ethnicity - Data by municipalities and cities". Statistical Office of Republic Of Serbia, Belgrade. 2012. ISBN 978-86-6161-023-3. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- Slobodan Ćurčić, Broj stanovnika Vojvodine, Novi Sad, 1996.
- Dr. Dušan J. Popović, Srbi u Vojvodini, knjiga 1, Novi Sad, 1990.
- Borislav Jankulov, Pregled kolonizacije Vojvodine u XVIII i XIX veku, Novi Sad - Pančevo, 2003.
- Dr. Branislav Bukurov, Bačka, Banat i Srem, Novi Sad, 1978.
- Municipality of Stara Pazova - Official Website
- Elementary School "Boško Palkovljević-Pinki" (in Serbian)
- Stara Pazova Municipality (in Serbian)
- Pazova Cafe Forum (in Serbian)
- Radio and TV station Stara Pazova (in Serbian)
- Municipalities of Vojvodina
- Oglasi Stara Pazova
- Sremski Oglasi
- Auto Oglasi
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Stara Pazova|