|Industry||Comics, illustrated books|
|Headquarters||Virginia Beach, Virginia|
|Owner||The Donning Company|
Starblaze Graphics was an imprint of The Donning Company, a publishing company established in 1978 to publish illustrated books. Notable Starblaze publications include Robert Asprin's MythAdventures series, as well as a graphic novel based on the first book. Donning also published a graphic version of the Thieves' World shared world anthology series, with art by Tim Sale.
Starblaze also published compilation reprints of the comics series Elfquest by Wendy and Richard Pini and A Distant Soil by Colleen Doran. The Pinis later sued Starblaze for continuing to publish Elfquest, and attempting to re-secure the rights to the A Distant Soil series. Starblaze countersued; the dispute was settled in 1988. A dozen Starblaze authors also sued Donning/Starblaze after the company folded the Starblaze division in 1989 and sold contracts and rights to multiple book properties to Schiffer Publishing.
Starblaze ceased operation in 1989.
- Buck Godot: PSmith (1 issue, December 1987)
- Cobalt 60 (1 issue, 1984)
- A Distant Soil: Immigrant Song (1 issue, August 1987)
- A Distant Soil: Knights of the Angel (1 issue, 1989)
- Duncan & Mallory
- ElfQuest (4 issues, 1981 - 1984)
- Fortune's Friends
- MythAdventures (1978–1989)
- Thieves' World (6 issues, 1985 - 1987, the first three collected in Thieves' World Graphics, 1986)
- "NewsWatch: WaRP files $4 million lawsuit," The Comics Journal #115 (April 1987), pp. 11-12.
- "Donning Sues WaRP," The Comics Journal #123 (July 1988), p. 8-9.
- "NewsWatch: WaRP & Donning Settle," The Comics Journal #125 (October 1988), pp. 15-16.
|This article about a comics publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|