|Past members||Thomas Bangalter
The project released the popular club track titled "Music Sounds Better with You" in 1998. The song, which is based around a sample from the 1981 song "Fate" by Chaka Khan, was recorded in Paris by Daft House productions, where Bangalter, one half of the popular French house duo Daft Punk, is based. The song was conceived in Rex Club, Paris, where the trio were playing a live set. Bangalter and Braxe created the instrumental, which Diamond instinctively sang the title words over. The next day they laid down the track in the studio, adding the Chaka Khan sample. The song reached #2 in the United Kingdom and spent two weeks at #1 on Billboard Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart in the United States in August and October 1998 respectively.
The song remains the only release of the trio. It is referred to as the worldwide most sold track of the house music genre. Shortly after the release Bangalter was offered 3 million dollars to produce a full Stardust album, but Bangalter, Braxe and Diamond have not worked together since. Diamond and Braxe resumed their ongoing solo careers, and Bangalter, along with his usual partner Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, went on to release the second Daft Punk album, Discovery, as well as releasing other house music tracks solo or with other partners.
The video for "Music Sounds Better with You" was directed by Michel Gondry. It features a boy who has just purchased a toy plane. Back at home, while he builds his plane, he switches channels on his TV to a program which features the top 5 chart songs. Some of the music videos shown have Stardust themselves singing their new song and others, which have a resemblance of 80s music videos including Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love".
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|1998||"Music Sounds Better with You"||10||4||57||5||7||17||14||8||27||51||1||2||62||Single only|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco 1974-2003, (Record Research Inc.), page 244.
- UK Singles Chart info Chartstats.com. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- "France's singles-positions to Stardust". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Australia's singles-positions to Stardust". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Austria's singles-positions to Stardust". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Irish peak positions search
- Italian peak positions in 1998
- "Holland's singles-positions to Stardust". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Norway's singles-positions to Stardust". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "The Music Sounds Better with You", in various singles charts Lescharts.com (Retrieved February 10, 2008)
- "Sweden's singles-positions to Stardust". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Switzerland's singles-positions to Stardust". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Billboard: Hits of the World, September 19, 1998
- UK Singles Chart Chartstats.com (Retrieved April 10, 2008)
- Billboard Allmusic.com (Retrieved August 31, 2008)