||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2013)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (February 2013)|
|Products||Retail roaming solutions
Wholesale roaming solutions
Starhome GmbH. is a global mobile roaming telecommunications business. The company provides international roaming services for voice and data to wireless operators using the Global System for Mobile Communication, or GSM standard, the most popular standard for mobile phones in the world.
Today, the company’s roaming solutions span various technologies, including technology to combine Over-the-Air (OTA) and SS7. In addition to developing roaming services, the company also operates its own real-time monitoring center, the GSOC or Global Services Operations Center, where it monitors and maintains over 1000 services for 200+ customers worldwide.
Starhome was established in 1999, as a Telco and roaming based company. In 1999, Starhome launched the Virtual Home Environment (VHE). The VHE technology enabled unrecognized home short code numbers to be converted into valid international formatted numbers. VHE has evolved over the years to become an integral part of mobile roaming.
In 2008, Starhome was selected as a finalist for the Convergence World Awards in the Best Mobility Innovation or Service category for its IP and IP-to-GSM mobile services technology. Starhome is an active member of the Celtic Consortium (Cooperation for a sustained European Leadership in Telecommunications). The company has contributed its roaming knowledge in various projects, including the Seimonet (EURECA[disambiguation needed]/CELTIC) program, EnComPAs2, CELTIC FT-PSC. Part of these projects focus on public safety.
Starhome was acquired by Fortissimo Capital in October, 2012.
In 2013, Starhome acquired almost the entirety of MACH’s data clearing and NRTRDE business within the European Economic Area (European Union countries plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway), which was divested by Syniverse that same year. MACH was a leading provider of cloud-based managed communication services. The acquisition included full worldwide ownership of all intellectual property rights of the MACH brand, trademarks and logo; MACH Data Clearing and NRTRDE processing applications and platform; MACH MDS framework layer, MACH Smart (including MACH Dashboards), MACH Roaming Management Services (MACH RMS) and the MACH OPTIMIZER. The company is now called Starhome Mach.
- 2011 Red Herring Top 100 Global Winner
- 2011 Red Herring Top 100 Europe
- Celtic Excellence Award for EnComPAs2 Project
- Convergence World Awards Finalist
- Bronze for Road Safety Initiative
- Red Herring Top 100 Europe Award
- Prepaid Anywhere™ Service – Best Roaming Product
- 2007 Vodafone Global Supplier Performance Award
- 10th Place in Deloitte Fast 500
- Comverse Technology Inc. - Annual Report. 2010 (Form 10K), retrieved 2011-12-09
- Woodbury, N.Y. Comverse Technology Affiliate Starhome Partners With Vodafone To Create A Worldwide Virtual Home Environment For International Travelers. Business Wire, 20 March 2001.
- Deloitte | 2005 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA - Winners
- Starhome is an associate member of GSM since September 2003
- International Engineering Consortium (IEC). Convergence World Announce 2008 Awards Finalists, London, April 22, 2008.
- TMCnet Education Technology. Starhome Joins Forces with a European Consortium to Share its Wealth of Knowledge about Roaming for a Public Safety Communications Project, March 02, 2010.
- 2011 Red Herring Top 100 Europe Finalists, Amsterdam May 23–25, 2011.
- EURECA - Interoperability: A Revolution In Personal Telecommunications, May 28, 2010.
- Murphy, David. Starhome Takes Bronze for Road Safety Initiative, Mobile Marketing Magazine, 2010.