|Village of Starlight|
The former Starlight Station in Starlight, which is now the Buckingham Township Municipal Building. It is also a U.S. National Historic Place.
|U.S. Congressional District||PA-10|
|School District||Wayne Highlands
|Named for||Starlight Lake|
|Elevation||1,352 ft (412 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern Daylight (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1188417|
|Waterways||Shehawken Creek, Starlight Lake|
Starlight is a village in Buckingham Township, Wayne County, Pennsylvania. Crosstown Highway, which is entirely concurrent with Pennsylvania Route 370 (PA-370), runs through the community. It was once a depot of the Scranton Division of the New York, Ontario & Western (O&W) Railway, but today, when it is known outside of its immediate vicinity, it is largely for being home to the Inn at Starlight Lake & Restaurant, which has been open since 1909.
Municipal status and boundaries
A Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) sign on Crosstown Highway identifies the community as the "Village of Starlight." In Pennsylvania, a village is an unincorporated community within a township, but PennDOT identifies most villages with roadside signs, a fact that might reasonably lead those unfamiliar with this practice to believe that these communities are incorporated municipalities administered separately from the townships in which they are located. Since Pennsylvania's villages, including Starlight, are, in fact, not municipalities in their own right, they do not have official boundaries, and the United States Census Bureau does not collect statistics for them (unless, unlike Starlight, they are census-designated places). In spite of this, because of strong local consensus, as well as the fact that many features are named for the villages they are associated with, it is almost always possible to consistently determine whether a particular feature is in one village or another.
- "District Magistrate". Wayne County, PA. Wayne County Courthouse. 2014. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "Starlight". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. 2 August 1979. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- U.S. Census Bureau. Census 2000. "Census Demographic Profiles, Buckingham Township" (PDF). CenStats Databases. <http://censtats.census.gov/data/>. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- "The Inn at Starlight Lake & Restaurant". The Inn at Starlight Lake & Restaurant. The Inn at Starlight Lake & Restaurant. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "History of the Inn". The Inn at Starlight Lake & Restaurant. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "Shehawken Creek". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. 2 August 1897. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- White, Israel Charles; Dolph, John M. (1881). The Geology of Susquehanna County and Wayne County (Report). 23. Board of Commissioners for the Second Geological Survey of Pennsylvania. p. 162. http://books.google.com/books?id=97kbAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA162. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "Starlight Lake". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. 2 August 1979. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
|This Wayne County, Pennsylvania state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|