Stars of Track and Field
|Stars of Track and Field|
|Origin||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Labels||No Logo, Mad, Wind-Up|
|Past members||Moxley Stratton|
Stars of Track and Field was a three-piece indie rock band from Portland, Oregon, on the Wind-Up Records label. Their name is in reference to the Belle and Sebastian song of the same name from the album If You're Feeling Sinister.
The band released an album, entitled Centuries Before Love and War, to the iTunes Store in August 2006 and released a physical copy in January 2007. Several tracks from the album are available on the group's MySpace page.
In fall of 2009, they toured with Lights.
In September 2009, the band released their latest album, A Time for Lions, with the first single being a song called "Racing Lights". Recently, the song "End Of All Time" was chosen to be featured in Grey's Anatomy (Air-date Nov 12, 2009). A number of their songs have appeared on the TV series Greek.
- Moxley Stratton - bass guitar
Frequent guest members
- Eponymous (2003) on No Logo Records
- You Came Here for Sunset Last Year (2005) on Mad Recordings
- Centuries Before Love and War (2006) on Wind-Up Records
- A Time for Lions (2009) on Wind-Up Records
- Carlson, Jen (April 17, 2006). "Gothamist Band Interview: Stars of Track and Field". Gothamist. Retrieved 2006-05-25.
|This article on a United States indie rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|