Stars over Texas
|"Stars over Texas"|
|Single by Tracy Lawrence|
|from the album Time Marches On|
|B-side||"Is That a Tear" 7" single|
|Released||July 15, 1996|
|Format||CD Single, Cassingle, 7"|
|Label||Atlantic 87052/6781 (CD)|
|Tracy Lawrence singles chronology|
"Stars over Texas" is the title of a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Tracy Lawrence. It was released in July 1996 as the third single from his album Time Marches On. The song peaked at number 2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and peaked at number 42 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart. The CD single included 30-second excerpts from "From What We Give", "Speed of a Fool" and "Somewhere Between the Moon and You", all from Time Marches On. Lawrence wrote the song with Larry Boone and Paul Nelson.
The song is a mid-tempo country waltz, in which the narrator states how long he plans to love this person and to be true.
The music video, directed by Marc Ball, begins with someone opening the door of a grandfather clock and stopping the hands. The rest of the video consists of Tracy sitting on a stool with a guitar and singing interspersed with shots of a woman putting on perfume and dancing with a man. The video ends with the grandfather clock starting again.
"Stars over Texas" debuted at number 66 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of July 27, 1996.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||42|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||56|
- Time Marches On (Media notes). Atlantic Records. 1996. 82866-2.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "RPM Country Tracks. RPM. November 4, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Tracy Lawrence Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tracy Lawrence.
- "Best of 1996: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|