|Type of site||Web traffic analysis|
|Registration||Not required for basic access|
|Alexa rank||185 (March 2014[update])|
StatCounter is a web traffic analysis tool. Access to basic services is free and advanced services can cost between $5 and $119 a month. The company is based in Dublin. The statistics from StatCounter are used to compute web usage share for example. StatCounter is used on 2.5% of all websites.
StatCounter statistics are directly derived from hits (not unique visitors) from 3 million sites using StatCounter totaling more than 15 billion hits per month. No artificial weightings are used to correct for sampling bias, thus the numbers in the statistics can not be considered representative.
The company was founded by Dublin man Aodhan Cullen (born in 1983) at the age of 16. He remains the CEO of StatCounter. Cullen received the "Internet Hero" award at the 2008 Eircom Golden Spider Awards. He was also named the 2007 BusinessWeek Young European Entrepreneur of the Year.
In 2008 the company surpassed two million members globally.
- "Statcounter.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- Kyle Lacy (2011). "Twitter Marketing for Dummies". John Wiley and Sons. p. 93.
- "StatCounter Global Stats". StatCounter. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Usage statistics and market share of StatCounter for websites". W3Techs.com. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "Statcounter statistics methodology". StatCounter. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- John Kennedy (2007-08-03). "The Friday interview: Aodhan Cullen, StatCounter". siliconrepublic.com. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
|This World Wide Web–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|