State-owned Argentine Railway Companies
- Argentine State Railway redirects here.
- Ferrocarriles del Estado redirects here.
In 1948 the railway network of Argentina was nationalisation by the president Juan Perón. The previously privately owned French and British railway companies, together with a number of companies that had been nationalised earlier, (Córdoba Central Railway, 1939, and others), were formed into the following six state-owned companies:
- Ferrocarril Domingo Faustino Sarmiento
- Ferrocarril General Bartolomé Mitre
- Ferrocarril General Manuel Belgrano
- Ferrocarril General Roca
- Ferrocarril General San Martín
- Ferrocarril General Urquiza
These companies later together formed Ferrocarriles Argentinos.
|This South America rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|