State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
Capital Markets and allied industries
Jaipur 302 005 India
|Arundhati Bhattacharya(Chairman), Jyoti Ghosh(Managing Director)|
|Products||Loans, Savings, Investment vehicles, etc.|
|Rs. 730.24 Crore (March 2013)|
|Slogan||The nation banks on us|
State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur (SBBJ) (in Hindi स्टेट बैंक ऑफ बीकानेर एण्ड जयपुर) is an associate bank of State Bank of India. As of 2014, SBBJ had 1,140 branches, mostly located in the state of Rajasthan, India. Its branch network out of Rajasthan covers all the major business centers of India. In 1997, the Bank entered in the capital market with an Initial Public Offering of 13,60,000 shares at a premium of Rs 440 per share.
State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur came into existence on 1963 when two banks, namely, State Bank of Bikaner (established in 1944) and State Bank of Jaipur (established in 1943), were merged. Both these banks were subsidiaries of the State Bank of India under the State Bank of India (Subsidiary Bank) Act, 1959.
In 1984 SBBJ sponsored and established Ganganagar Kshetriya Gramin Bank as a Regional Rural Bank. Thereafter, in 1985 SBBJ opened the Bikaner Kshetriya Gramin Bank, the second Regional Rural Bank sponsored by it. The third Regional Rural Bank, sponsored by SBBJ was Marwar Gramin Bank, which covered the districts of Pali, Jalore and Sirohi. On 12 June 2006, SBBJ merged all three regional rural banks that it sponsored under the name MGB Gramin Bank, with headquarters in Jodhpur.
- http://info.shine.com/Company/State-Bank-of-Bikaner-and-Jaipur/373.aspx Company Overview: State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- http://sbbjbank.com/About-Us/history.htm SBBJ History
- "State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur capitalises on robust earnings". Capital Market Publishers India. April 24, 2009.
- "State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur 2009 profit up at Rs 403.45 crore". Equity Bulls. April 4, 2009.
- "FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS: State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur". Rupee Times. Retrieved December 12, 2013.