From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
State Council may refer to:
- State Council of the Soviet Union, was the chief administrative authority of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR)
- State Council of the People's Republic of China, the chief administrative authority of the People's Republic of China
- Iowa State Council for Defense, the council that approved the official state flag of Iowa
- State Council of Ceylon, the legislative body created in colonial Ceylon (present-day Sri Lanka) under the Donoughmore Constitution
- State Council of the Russian Federation, advisory body to the President of Russia
- State Council of Imperial Russia, the supreme state advisory body to the Tsar in Imperial Russia
- State Council of Joseon, the highest organ of government under the Joseon Dynasty of Korea
- State Council of the German Democratic Republic, the highest organ of government in East Germany
- State Council of Bulgaria, the highest organ of government in the People's Republic of Bulgaria from 1971 to 1990.
- State National Council, a parliament-like political body formed in the late stages of the Second World War in the Soviet Union
- State Defense Council, the military committee of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria
- State Peace and Development Council, the military regime of Myanmar
In other fields:
- New York State Council on the Arts, an arts council serving the U.S. state of New York
- Old North State Council, a local council of the Boy Scouts of America that serves the western Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina
- Seventh-day Adventist Church State Council, a non-profit organization that works to preserve and promote religious freedom
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.