State Highway (India)
In the Republic of India, state highway refers to the numbered highways which are laid and maintained by the state government. These are not related to national highways and are not involved with the National Highways Authority of India or the central government in any way. The state highways usually are roads which link important cities, towns, district headquarters within the state and connecting them with national highways or highways of the neighbouring states. These highways provide connections to industries/places from key areas in the state making them more accessible.
|State/UT||Single lane (km)||Intermediate lane (km)||Double lane (km)||Multilane (km)||Total (km)|
|Andhra Pradesh ||2092||1001||6902||236||10518|
|Jammu and Kashmir||67|
See also 
- 2010 list of state highways under implementation - Published by the Government of India
- Transport in India
- National Highway (India)
- Indian Road Network
- "NH and SHs". Unknown parameter
- "STATE ROAD NET WORK". AP Roads and Buildings Department. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- "State Highways, District wise: Surface Feature and Carriageway Width". Public Works Department, Karnataka. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- "Tamilnadu govt 2008-09 Annual Plan-Source-Government of India". Retrieved 2011-11-11. Unknown parameter