State Maritime Administration (Azerbaijan)
|State Maritime Administration of Azerbaijan Republic|
|Azərbaycan Respublikasının Dövlət Dəniz Administrasiyası|
Coat of Arms of Azerbaijan
|Formed||April 21, 2006|
|Headquarters||4 Neftchiler Avenue, Baku, Azerbaijan Republic AZ1095|
|Agency executive||Gudrat Gurbanov,
Chief of State Maritime Administration
|Child agency||Baku International Sea Trade Port|
The State Maritime Administration of Azerbaijan Republic (Azerbaijani: Azərbaycan Respublikasının Dövlət Dəniz Administrasiyası) is a governmental agency within the Cabinet of Azerbaijan in charge of regulating activities in the maritime sector of Azerbaijan Republic. The agency is headed by Gudrat Gurbanov.
The State Maritime Administration was established by the Presidential Decree No. 697 on April 21, 2006. It is a member of International Maritime Organization and regularly attends the conferences dedicated to maritime security. The agency also establishes cooperation with other countries with maritime boundaries.
The agency is headed by its chief. Main functions of the administration include safety of maritime navigation; servicing of waterways and channels with the Republic of Azerbaijan; management of movement of ships; investigations of accidents in the sea; drafting of legislations related to maritime sector and immediate control over their implementation; protection of marine environment; control over navigational aids and systems; ensuring search and rescue at sea; registration of vessels; maritime training of personnel; supervising security assurance at sea; implementation of hydrographic services; surveying and certification of sea port facilities.
The agency consists of Personnel, International Relation and Law Department, Crew Service Department, Diploma and Certification, Passport offices, Maritime Inspection, Technical Service and General departments.
- "ABC. Republic of Azerbaijan State Maritime Administration". Retrieved 2010-12-28.
- "Republic of Azerbaijan State Maritime Administration. About". Retrieved 2010-12-28.
- "Azerbaijani State Maritime Administration attends int’l regional event in Odessa". Baku: Trend News Agency. 2010-12-09. Retrieved 2010-12-28.
- "Azeri delegation of State Maritime Administration visits Greece". Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency. 2010-11-20. Retrieved 2010-12-28.
- Rashad Suleymanov (2009-10-27). "Azerbaijan State Maritime Administration issues statement on rescuing Russia’s cargo ship". Azeri Press Agency. Retrieved 2010-12-28.