State Medal of Distinguished Service (Turkey)
|Devlet Üstün Hizmet Madalyası
State Medal of Distinguished Service
the President of Turkey
|Awarded for||"distinguished service in contribution to the emerge of Turkish State through generous action, self-sacrifice, accomplishment or merit at home or abroad."|
|Established||October 24, 1983|
State Medal of Distinguished Service (Turkish: Devlet Üstün Hizmet Madalyası) is one of the three civil state decorations of Turkey. The medal was established on October 24, 1983 with the Law on Medals and Orders, Act No. 2933. It is rewarded to Turkish citizens, foreigners and organizations for distinguished service in contribution to the emerge of Turkish State through generous action, self-sacrifice, accomplishment or merit at home or abroad.
To the medal belong a lapel pin and a certificate.
The medal has an oval form and is 45 mm (1.8 in) long. It is of gold plated metal. The medal's front depicts the Turkish moon and crescent with the initials "T.C." (abbreviation of "Türkiye Cumhuriyeti" for "Turkish Republic") in relief. The reverse depicts relevant symbols and motifs with the inscription "T.C. Devlet Şeref Madalyası" (Turkish Republic Medal of Distinguished Service). The medal is attached to a ribbon
- İzzet Baysal businessman 1996
- Sakıp Sabancı, businessman - 1997
- Rahmi Koç, businessman - 1997
- Fatih Terim, footballer and coach - 1998
- Ahmet Çalık, businessman - 1999
- Aydın Doğan, businessman - 1999
- Gazi Yaşargil, medical scientist and neurosurgeon - 2000
- Galatasaray S.K. football team - 2000
- Turkey national basketball team - 2001
- Turkey national football team - 2002
- Şenol Güneş, footballer and coach of the national team - 2002
- Haluk Ulusoy, President of Turkish Football Federation 2002
- Şakir Eczacıbaşı, businessman and fotographer
- "Madalya ve Nişan Üretimi" (in Turkish). Darphane. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "Devlet Madalya ve Nişanları Yönetmeliği" (in Turkish). Adalet Bakanlığ. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- Prof. Dr. Gazi Yaşargil'e Devlet Üstün Hizmet Madalyası takdimi töreninde yaptıkları konuşma
- A Milli Futbol Takımımıza Devlet Üstün Hizmet Madalyası verilmesi töreni
- Gür, Gazanfer (2010-01-25). "Şakir Eczacıbaşı". Posta (in Turkish). Retrieved 2011-10-29.
|This Turkey-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|