State Opera of South Australia
State Opera of South Australia is a professional opera company in Adelaide, South Australia, established in 1976. Each year, the State Opera presents at least three major operatic productions at the Adelaide Festival Theatre as well as producing or supporting other smaller productions in The Opera Studio at Netley. The current artistic director and CEO is Timothy Sexton.
The State Opera of South Australia (SOSA) was established in 1976 under the The State Opera Act of 1976, an initiative of Don Dunstan.
Recent achievements 
- 2010 world premiere co-production of Moby-Dick by Jake Heggie between Dallas Opera, State Opera of South Australia, San Diego Opera, San Francisco Opera and Calgary Opera
- Australian premiere of György Ligeti's opera Le Grand Macabre at the 2010 Adelaide Festival of Arts
- Elke Neidhardt's all-Australian production of Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring Cycle) in 2004
- "About State Opera of South Australia". State Opera of South Australia. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- Smith, Steve (2 May 2010). "A Role for the Roiling Sea as Ahab Hunts His Whale". The New York Times. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "Le grand macabre: Adelaide Festival (Australia), 26 February 2010". Opera Britannia. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "Wagner's Ring Cycle in Adelaide". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 26 August 2011.