Ohio State Route 153
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||14.69 mi (23.64 km)|
|Existed:||1932 – present|
|West end:||SR 43 in Canton|
|East end:||SR 183 near Alliance|
State Route 153 (SR 153) is a 14.69-mile (23.64 km) long east–west state highway in the northeastern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The western terminus of SR 153 is at a signalized intersection with southbound SR 43 in Canton, along a stretch of SR 43 where that highway is divided into a one-way couplet. SR 153 has its eastern endpoint at SR 183 nearly 4 miles (6.4 km) south of Alliance.
All of SR 153 is situated within the eastern half of Stark County. No part of this state highway is included as a part of the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of routes determined to be most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the nation.
|This section requires expansion. (April 2011)|
The SR 153 designation was established in 1932. Its original routing consisted of the portion of the existing alignment of SR 153 between its western terminus at SR 43 in Canton and its junction with SR 44 in Louisville. SR 153 replaced what was a portion of SR 44 before that highway was re-routed to continue due south from Louisville toward East Canton. In 1937, SR 153 was extended east from Louisville to its present eastern terminus at SR 183, which at the time carried the SR 80 designation. The extension utilized a county-maintained roadway.
The entire route is in Stark County.
|Canton||0.00||0.00||SR 43 south (Walnut Avenue NE) / 12th Street NW|
|0.10||0.16||SR 43 north (Cherry Avenue NE)|
|Louisville||6.25||10.06||SR 44 (Chapel Street)|
|Washington Township||14.69||23.64||SR 183 (Union Avenue) / Louisville Street NE – Minerva, Alliance|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Highways (1931) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1931a.sid. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1932) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1932a.sid. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 153, Stark County". Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1936) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1936a.sid. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1937) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1937a.sid. Retrieved 2011-04-21.