Ohio State Route 687
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||5.70 mi (9.17 km)|
|Existed:||1937 – present|
|West end:||SR 241 near Massillon|
|East end:||I‑77 / US 62 in Canton|
State Route 687 (SR 687) is a 5.70-mile (9.17 km) long east–west state highway in the northeastern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. Its western terminus is at SR 241 about 4.50 miles (7.24 km) north of Massillon, and its eastern terminus is at the northern junction of I-77 and US 62 approximately 2.50 miles (4.02 km) northwest of downtown Canton.
SR 687 runs entirely within the northwestern quadrant of Stark County. This highway is not included as a part of the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of highways identified as being most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the country.
|This section requires expansion. (September 2011)|
SR 687 was created in 1937. The original routing of the highway consisted of Fulton Drive from SR 236 north of Massillon to the present western terminus of SR 687 at SR 241; the entire current length of SR 687 into Canton; and Fulton Drive from the present eastern terminus of the route at I-77/SR 62 southeast into downtown Canton, where it came to an end at SR 172 (designated US 30 until the late 1970s).
By 1995, the westernmost portion of SR 687 between SR 236 and SR 241 was removed from the state highway system. On the eastern end, jurisdiction of the portion of SR 687 between I-77/US 62 and SR 172 in Canton was transferred from the state of Ohio to the city of Canton between 1988 and 1992.
The entire route is in Stark County.
|Jackson Township||0.00||0.00||SR 241 (Wales Avenue NW) / Fulton Road NW – Massillon, Akron|
|Canton||5.70||9.17||I‑77 / US 62 (Malone Parkway) / Fulton Road NW – Marietta, Akron, Alliance||Exit 107A (I-77)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Highways (1936) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1936a.sid. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1937) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1937a.sid. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 687, Stark County". Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- ODOT (1981) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOT. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1981a.sid. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Ohio Department of Transportation (1993) (MrSID). Official Ohio Transportation Map (Map). Cartography by ODOT. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1993a.sid. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- Ohio Department of Transportation (1995) (MrSID). Official Ohio Transportation Map (Map). Cartography by ODOT. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1995a.sid. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- "Traffic Survey Report of the State Highway System - Eastern Half - Stark County, Ohio". ODOT. 1988. p. 9-10. Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- "1992 Stark Co. Average 24-Hr Traffic Volume". ODOT. 1992. p. 10-11. Retrieved February 7, 2014.