Control logic for an automatic transmission system
|Stable release||R2014a / March 6, 2014|
|Preview release||R2014b / June 11, 2014|
|Website||Stateflow product page|
Stateflow, (developed by MathWorks), is a control logic tool used to model reactive systems via state machines and flow charts within a Simulink model. Stateflow uses a variant of the finite-state machine notation established by David Harel, enabling the representation of hierarchy, parallelism and history within a state chart. Stateflow also provides state transition tables and truth tables.
Stateflow is generally used to specify the discrete controller in the model of a hybrid system where the continuous dynamics (i.e., the behavior of the plant and environment) are specified using Simulink.
Specific applications for Stateflow include:
- Mode logic, where each discrete mode of a system is represented by a state
- Fault management, where the Stateflow chart is used to control how the system responds to faults and failures within a system
- Task scheduling, where the Stateflow chart is used to schedule when specific tasks occur, either within the Stateflow chart or within the overall Simulink model
A number of MathWorks and third-party tools can be used with Stateflow to validate the design and generate code. For example, Simulink Verification and Validation, a MathWorks tool, can be used to check for requirements traceability and model coverage analysis. Other add-on code generation tools can be used to automatically generate C, C++, HDL, and PLC code for implementation on embedded systems.
- MathWorks - Stateflow - Requirements
- Simulation of Hybrid Systems Using Stateflow
- Gregoire Hamon and John Rushby. "An Operational Semantics for Stateflow" (PDF). Presented at Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering (FASE) Barcelona, Spain, March 2004 (SRI International Computer Science Laboratory).
- Orion GN&C MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow Standards
- A. Tiwari. "Formal Semantics and Analysis Methods for Simulink Stateflow Models" (PDF). SRI International Computer Science Laboratory.
- Requirements-Based Testing in Aircraft Control Design
- Embedded Coder Robot NXT Modeling Tips