Stately Township, Brown County, Minnesota
|Stately Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||36.0 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.0 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,119 ft (341 m)|
|• Density||5.7/sq mi (2.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0665702|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.0 square miles (93.3 km²), of which 36.0 square miles (93.1 km²) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.2 km²) (0.22%) is water.
- Dotson at
- North Star Township (north)
- Burnstown Township (northeast)
- Bashaw Township (east)
- Selma Township, Cottonwood County (southeast)
- Delton Township, Cottonwood County (south)
- Amboy Township, Cottonwood County (southwest)
- Germantown Township, Cottonwood County (west)
The township includes Christ Lutheran Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 206 people, 67 households, and 54 families residing in the township. The population density was 5.7 people per square mile (2.2/km²). There were 74 housing units at an average density of 2.1/sq mi (0.8/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 96.60% White, 2.91% Asian, 0.49% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.40% of the population.
There were 67 households out of which 46.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 74.6% were married couples living together, 3.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.4% were non-families. 16.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.07 and the average family size was 3.46.
In the township the population was spread out with 31.6% under the age of 18, 9.7% from 18 to 24, 24.3% from 25 to 44, 22.3% from 45 to 64, and 12.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 108.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 135.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $39,583, and the median income for a family was $48,438. Males had a median income of $31,000 versus $26,875 for females. The per capita income for the township was $20,458. About 8.8% of families and 14.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 25.8% of those under the age of eighteen and none of those sixty five or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Stately Township total population