From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A station code is an abbreviation used on railways for railway stations. The codes are most used internally in the business, but can be seen at railway traffic signs and in some time tables.
For different station codes, see
- List of Amtrak station codes, USA and Canada
- List of Deutsche Bahn station abbreviations, Germany
- List of MTR station codes, Hong Kong, China
- List of New South Wales railway station codes, New South Wales, Australia
- List of Indian railway station codes, India
- UK railway stations, Britain. Three-letter alpha codes (formerly called CRS codes - Computer Reservation System) are issued by National Rail which is responsible for railways in Great Britain. Station codes are not used by Northern Ireland Railways for stations in Northern Ireland.