Statistical Classification of Economic Activities in the European Community
The Statistical Classification of Economic Activities in the European Community (in French: Nomenclature statistique des activités économiques dans la Communauté européenne), commonly referred to as NACE, is a European industry standard classification system consisting of a 6 digit code.
NACE is similar in function to the SIC and NAICS systems:
The first four digits of the code, which is the first four levels of the classification system, are the same in all European countries. The fifth digit might vary from country to country and further digits are sometimes placed by suppliers of databases.
- United Kingdom Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities
- International Standard Industrial Classification
For a full list of NACE Codes, please refer to:
- List of NACE codes ( ! This page will no longer be updated as from 26 March 2010 as it contain Revision 1 list)
- European Commission, DG ECFIN,Further information on NACE rev.2 and Business and Consumer Surveys
- Browse the NACE code hierarchy in multiple languages
|This article about the European Union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|