Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1969
|Long title||An Act to promote the reform of the statute law by the repeal, in accordance with recommendations of the Law Commission, of certain enactments which (except in so far as their effect is preserved) are no longer of practical utility, and by making other provision in connection with the repeal of those enactments.|
|Citation||1969 c 52|
|Royal Assent||22 October 1969|
|Commencement||1 January 1970|
|Text of statute as originally enacted|
|Revised text of statute as amended|
It implemented recommendations contained in the first report on statute law revision made by the Law Commission.
Section 1 - Repeal of enactments
Section 2 - Advowsons
Section 4 - Savings
Section 4(3) was repealed by section 6(3) of, and Schedule 2 to, the Church of England (Worship and Doctrine) Measure 1974 (No. 3).
Section 5 - Provisions relating to Northern Ireland
The words "and so much of this Act as repeals the enactments mentioned in Parts III and IV of the Schedule", in section 5(1), were repealed by Group 2 of Part IX of Schedule 1 to the Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1998.
The words from "but" onwards in section 5(1), and the words from "and" onwards in section 5(2), were repealed by section 41(1)(a) of, and Part I of Schedule 6 to, the Northern Ireland Constitution Act 1973.
Section 6 - Application to Channel Island and Isle of Man
Schedule - Enactments repealed
- Halsbury's Statutes. Fourth Edition. 2008 Reissue. Volume 41. Page 773.
- The citation of this Act by this short title is authorised by section 7(1) of this Act.
- The Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1969, section 7(2)
- The Law Commission. Statute Law Revision: First Report. Law Com 22. Cmnd 4052. HMSO. London. May 1969.
- The Statute Law Revision (Isle of Man) Act 1991, sections 1(1) and 2(2) and Schedule 1
- The Interpretation Act 1978, section 4(b)
- The Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1969, as amended from the National Archives.
- The Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1969, as originally enacted from the National Archives.