Statute Law Revision Act 1893
|Long title||An Act for further promoting the Revision of the Statute Law by repealing Enactments which have ceased to be in force or have become unnecessary.|
|Chapter||56 & 57 Vict c 14|
|Royal Assent||19 June 1893|
This Act was partly in force in Great Britain at the end of 2010.
Section 3 of the Statute Law Revision Act 1898 provided that the second part of the Schedule to that Act was to be substituted for so much of this Act as related to the Record of Title Act (Ireland) 1865, and that this Act was to be read and construed as if the part so substituted had originally been enacted as part of this Act.
The words "to the court of the county palatine of Lancaster or" in this section were repealed by section 56(4) of, and Part II of Schedule 11 to, the Courts Act 1971. This section was repealed by section 32(4) of, and Part V of Schedule 5 to, the Administration of Justice Act 1977.
Section 3 - Citation by short titles
This section provides that where any Act cites or refers to another Act otherwise than by its short title, the short title may, in any revised edition of the statutes printed by authority, be printed in substitution for such citation or reference.
The Schedule was repealed by section 1 of, and the Schedule to, the Statute Law Revision Act 1908 (8 Edw 7 c 49).
Section 15 of the Naval Discipline Act 1915 (5 & 6 Geo 5 c 30) provided that so much of the Schedule as related to the preamble to, and part of section 86 of, the Naval Discipline Act (29 & 30 Vict c 109) was to cease to have, and was to be deemed never to have had, effect.
- Halsbury's Statutes. Fourth Edition. 2008 Reissue. Volume 41. Page 704.
- The citation of this Act by this short title is authorised by section 4 of this Act.
- The Chronological Table of the Statutes, 1235 - 2010. The Stationery Office. 2011. ISBN 978-0-11-840509-6. Part 1. Page 562, read with pages viii and x.
- The Statute Law Revision (Isle of Man) Act 1991, sections 1(1) and 2(2) and Schedule 1
- The Interpretation Act 1978, section 4(b)
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|