In England at the end of 1948, the Statute Book printed by authority consisted of the twenty-four volumes of The Statutes: Second Revised Edition and the thirty-three volumes of Public General Acts published annually since 1920, making in all fifty-seven volumes.
- William Twining and David Miers. How to do Things with Rules. Third Edition. Weidenfeld and Nicolson. London. 1991. Page 334.
- The Statutes Revised. Third Edition. HMSO. 1950. Volume I. Page ix.
- O. Hood Phillips. A First Book of English Law. Fourth Edition. Sweet & Maxwell. 1960. Page 94.
- Baker, J H. An Introduction to English Legal History. Third Edition. Butterworths. 1990. ISBN 0406531013. Page 234.
- The Statutes Revised. Third Edition. HMSO. 1950. Volume I. Page x.
|Look up statute book in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|