Stauning or Chaos
"Stauning or Chaos" (Danish "Stauning eller Kaos") is a famous Danish election slogan from the parliamentary election of 1935, in which Social democrat Thorvald Stauning campaigned for reelection. The social democrats won the election winning 68 out of 149 seats, and Stauning continued on to be the longest serving Prime Minister in Danish history.
The campaign with its warning against "chaos", interpreted as the threat of fascism, in an example of the emotional and activist campaign style used by the major political parties in Denmark in the 1920s and 30s, often capitalizing on the public fear of the perceived threats of radical ideologies such as fascism and communism.
- Henry Conserva. 2006. National Slogans From Around the World. AuthorHouse. 
- Torben Kragh Grodal, Bente Larsen, Iben Thorving Laursen. 2005. Visual Authorship: Creativity And Intentionality In Media. Museum Tusculanum Press. p. 175
- Prestige and lack of alternative: Denmark and the United Nations in the making Norbert Götz Scandinavian Journal of History Vol. 29, Iss. 2, 2004
- Stauning eller kaos: socialdemokratiet og krisen i trediverne H Sonne - 1974 - H. Reitzel
- John T. Lauridsen. 2000. NAZISTISK PLAKATPROPAGANDA I DANMARK 1930-45 En dokumentation. Fund og Forskning, Bind 39 (2000)