|Administrative region:||Central Macedonia|
|Population statistics (as of 2001)|
|- Area:||3.175 km2 (1 sq mi)|
|- Density:||13,119 /km2 (33,978 /sq mi)|
|Time zone:||EET/EEST (UTC+2/3)|
|Postal code:||564 xx|
Stavroupoli (Greek: Σταυρούπολη, Crosstown) is a suburb of the Thessaloniki Urban Area and was a former municipality in the regional unit of Thessaloniki, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it has been part of the municipality Pavlos Melas, of which it is the seat and a municipal unit. The population at the 2001 census was 41,653. Stavroupoli is located northwest of Thessaloniki's city centre.
According to the 2011 census, the population of the Municipality of Pavlos Melas was 98,870,the third most populated municipality of Thessaloniki. The Stavroupoli region includes the areas of:
- Τερψιθέα (Terpsithea)
- Πρόνοια (Welfare)
- Αμπελώνες (Vineyards)
- Άνω Ηλιούπολη (Upper Ilioupoli)
- Κάτω Ηλιούπολη (Lower Ilioupoli)
- Νεόκτιστα (New City)
- Άνωθεν Ασύλου (Upper Asylum)
- Νικόπολη (Nikopoli)
- Ομόνοια (Omonia)
The town is served by buses 27, 34 and 56.
The town hall is located at Karaoli & Dimitriou 1.
- George Papassavas (b. 1924) - painter
- De Facto Population of Greece Population and Housing Census of March 18th, 2001 (PDF 793 KB). National Statistical Service of Greece. 2003.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
|This Central Macedonia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|