Stay for Awhile
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|"Stay for Awhile"|
|Single by Amy Grant|
|from the album The Collection|
|Genre||CCM, adult contemporary, pop|
|Writer(s)||Amy Grant, Wayne Kirkpatrick, Michael W. Smith|
|Amy Grant singles chronology|
"Stay for Awhile" is a 1986 single by Christian singer Amy Grant, and was the first single from her album The Collection. Background vocals were provided by Richard Page, lead singer for Mr. Mister at the time.
Throughout 1985 and 1986, Amy Grant was busy touring and promoting her successful pop-crossover album Unguarded. Previously she had been solely a CCM artist, but with the release of her single "Find a Way", she established herself as a credible name in mainstream music.
Despite her success, she was also suffering personal problems. Her husband Gary Chapman had become addicted to cocaine, and she spent most of early 1986 trying to deal with the problem. Even though she hardly had time for new recordings, she did manage to release the No. 1 pop single "The Next Time I Fall," which was a duet with Peter Cetera, and her record company issued a best-of compilation that covered her first ten years in the music industry.
- Remixes (feat. Tony Moran) - EP
- Stay For Awhile (feat. Tony Moran) [Destination Radio Mix] - 3:38
- Stay For Awhile (feat. Tony Moran) [Destination Mixshow Edit] - 6:38
- Stay For Awhile (feat. Tony Moran) [Destination Club Anthem Remix] - 8:52
- Stay For Awhile (feat. Tony Moran & Warren Rigg) [Radio Mix] - 4:08
- Stay For Awhile (feat. Tony Moran & Warren Rigg) [Club Mix] - 9:00
- Official versions
- Album Version - 5:37
- Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Club Mix - 5:39
- Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Radio Edit - 4:08
- Tony Moran Destination Club Anthem Remix - 9:01
- Tony Moran Destination Mixshow Edit - 6:45
- Tony Moran Destination Radio Mix - 3:37
In June 1986, The Collection was released in two separate LP and cassette versions, and "Stay for Awhile" was issued as its first single. Although there was a lack of promotion for both the album and the single, The Collection managed to top the Inspirational chart and "Stay for Awhile" topped the Christian radio chart and made the Top Twenty of the Adult Contemporary chart. "Stay for Awhile" paved the road to further pop radio success for Grant. Her next single, "The Next Time I Fall" became her first No. 1 pop song (following a long line of 1 songs on the Christian Music charts).