Steamboat Pilot & Today
Front page on Sunday June 14, 2009.
|Editor||Brent Boyer (since August 2007)|
|Headquarters||1901 Curve Plaza
Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80477
|Circulation||9,099 (as of 2009)|
The Steamboat Pilot & Today is an American newspaper serving Routt County, Colorado and owned by WorldWest LLC, a family-owned company based in Lawrence, Kansas. The Steamboat Pilot is a broadsheet published weekly on Sunday, and the Steamboat Today is a free tabloid published weekdays and Saturday.
Steamboat Pilot was a weekly newspaper established in Steamboat Springs, Colorado and first printed on July 31, 1885 by James Hoyle. It merged with The Routt County Sentinel in 1927, and later with The Oak-Creek Times-Leader in 1944. Jack Kent Cooke acquired the Pilot in 1988. Steamboat Today was first published as a daily tabloid newspaper on August 21, 1989 as an accompaniment to the Pilot. In 1994, WorldWest acquired the papers from the Cooke estate.
- "Steamboat Pilot & Today". Mondo Times. Mondo Code LLC. Retrieved August 13, 2009.
- Lawrence, Mike (May 13, 2011). "CU journalism alums happily report and edit in Steamboat Springs". University of Colorado at Boulder. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- About the Pilot & Today from steamboatpilot.com
- "About Southern Routt County Oak Creek-Yampa times-leader. (Oak Creek, Routt County, Colo.) 1942-1944". Chronicling America. Library of Congress. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- Dee Richards: Steamboat's newswoman
- Roberts, Gene; Kunkel, Thomas; Layton, Charles, eds. (2001). Leaving Readers Behind: The Age of Corporate Newspapering. Fayetteville: University of Arkansas Press. ISBN 1610752325.
- "2008 EPpy Award Winners Announced". Mediaweek. May 15, 2008. Retrieved August 13, 2009.
|This article about a Colorado newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|