March 6, 1951 |
Whitesboro, New Jersey
|Alma mater||Hardin-Simmons University (B.S.W.)
Ball State University (MEd)
|Known for||Relationship with Oprah Winfrey. businessman, speaker, author|
|Title||CEO, S. Graham & Associates|
|Board member of||Junior Achievement|
|Spouse(s)||Glenda Graham (divorced)|
|Partner(s)||Oprah Winfrey (1986–present)|
|Children||Wendy Graham (born 1975)|
Stedman Graham (born March 6, 1951) is an American educator, author, businessman and speaker, although he is primarily known as the partner of media mogul Oprah Winfrey. Graham and Winfrey were engaged to be married in November 1992, but later decided they would rather have a "spiritual union."
Early life and education
Graham was born on March 6, 1951, in Whitesboro, New Jersey, the son of Mary Jacobs Graham and Stedman Graham, Sr. He received a Bachelor's degree in Social Work from Hardin-Simmons University in 1974 and a Master's degree in Education from Ball State University in 1979.
Graham is an entrepreneur and CEO of S. Graham & Associates, a Chicago-based corporate and educational marketing and consulting firm. He is also founder of AAD (formerly, Athletes Against Drugs), a non-profit organization that provides services to youth and has awarded over $1.5 million in scholarships since its founding in 1985. Graham currently is employed as an adjunct professor at Full Sail University.
Graham was the constant companion of WFLD-TV anchor Robin Robinson from 1982–1985. Graham has been the subject of much publicity since 1986, most notably through tabloid articles claiming to chronicle his ongoing relationship with Winfrey. Graham has been dating Winfrey since 1986.
In 2008, Graham founded the My Life Is About Foundation, a non-profit educational foundation aimed at helping teens discover their full potential. The foundation's multi-platform educational program is the vehicle Graham is using to help achieve this goal. Based on Graham's best selling book You Can Make It Happen: A Nine-Step Plan For Success, The My Life Is About Foundation says it "is committed to and will be providing a sustainable learning model that students and educators can engage in through a four-year process. The program is implemented during the freshman year of high school and remains at the students' disposal through graduation."
- About Stedman Graham – Bio, S. Graham & Associates, retrieved 2011-05-26
- Executive Spotlight with Stedman Graham, ExecutiveBiz, retrieved 2008-08-22
- Stedman Graham Joins Full Sail University ucf, Full Sail University, retrieved 2009-07-27
- "'I love you for making the difference in my life': Stedman Graham pays heartfelt tribute to partner Oprah Winfrey". Daily Mail Online. May 25, 2011. Retrieved April 6, 2012. "The couple have been together since 1986"
- "Our Approach". my life is about. April 9, 2010. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "platform". my life is about. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "Get Involved". my life is about. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- Stedman Graham's home page
- Stedman Graham's Charity AAD home page
- Stedman Graham Profile Page – Video clip, book listings, speaking topics.
- Stedman Graham's ExecutiveBiz Executive Spotlight Interview – Executive Spotlight Interview
- An interview with Stedman Graham
- Stedman Graham – Who Are You
- CNN LARRY KING LIVE Interview With Stedman Graham