Harry Steele Savage (1900–1970) was an American illustrator, primarily of books for children and young adults. He is probably best known for the illustrations in Edith Hamilton's Mythology. Other books he illustrated include Burton's The Arabian Nights (Bennett Cerf, 1932, Triangle Books), Stories of the Gods and Heroes by Sally Benson, Hurlbut's Story of the Bible (Revised edition), and The Golden Library Book of Bible Stories by Jonathan Braddock. He drew several posters and covers for science fiction books and magazines that appeared in the 1960s and 1970s. He was also an illustrator of World War II era posters such as the recruiting poster: For Your Country's Sake Today, For Your Own Sake Tomorrow
- ^ These dates are given by Artnet (downloaded 2 October 2009). IFSDB (downloaded 2 October 2009) gives 21 December 1898 – 5 December 1970.
- ^ Beledy, downloaded 2 October 2009.
- ^ Jacket Flap, downloaded 2 October 2009.
- ^ ISFDB, downloaded 2 October 2009.
- ^ Yunchtime, downloaded 2 October 2009.