Steeler (German band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|Labels||Mausoleum, SPV GmbH|
|Associated acts||Axel Rudi Pell, Darxon|
|Past members||Peter Burtz
Axel Rudi Pell
Steeler was a heavy metal band formed in 1981, from the German city of Bochum. The band was active between 1984-1988. The founding members consisted of Peter Burtz on vocals, Axel Rudi Pell on guitar, Tom Eder also on guitar, Volker Krawczak on bass and Jan Yildiral on drums.
The band released two albums with this lineup, one a self-titled album, Steeler, and the other titled Rulin' the Earth. After the first two albums, Krawczak was replaced by Roland Hag; this new lineup released two more albums. The first was named Strike Back and the other Undercover Animal. After this the band split up.
Pell went on to start a successful solo career under his own name, with Krawczak on bass. His solo band is still performing and releasing songs to this day.
- Peter Burtz - Lead vocals (1981 - 1988)
- Axel Rudi Pell - Lead guitar (1981 - 1988)
- Tom Eder - Rhythm guitar (1981 - 1988)
- Volker Krawczak - Bass guitar (1981 - 1985)
- Roland Hag - Bass guitar (1985 - 1988)
- Jan Yildiral - Drums (1981 - 1988)
- "Steeler". Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives. Retrieved 7 February 2012.