Stefan Gössling, born 1970, has professorships in Sweden at the Linnaeus University School of Business and Economics and Lund University's Department of Service Management, as well as being research coordinator at the Western Norway Research Institute's Research Centre for Sustainable Tourism.
He is on the editorial board of the Journal of Sustainable Tourism.
He has published, co-authored or presented a number of academic works, and co-edited the book "Climate Change and Aviation: Issues, Challenges and Solutions" (2009). With three co-authors he wrote the chapter on hypermobility in the book. He also wrote the book "Carbon Management in Tourism: Mitigating the Impacts on Climate Change" and co-authored a chapter to a Finnish government report on development in a carbon-constrained world.
- List of keynote speakers, Think Tank XVII, Gréoux les Bains, France, from June 24–27, 2012
- UK Travel Mole, "Making people feel guilty will not mainstream sustainable tourism: focusing on benefits may."
- Journal of Sustainable Tourism, editorial board
- Gössling S., Nilsson J.H. (2010). Frequent flyer programmes and the reproduction of aeromobility. Environment and Planning A. 42:1:pp.241-252.
- Gössling S., Nilsson J.H. (2009). Frequent Flyers Programmes as Mobility Boosters? Implications for Sustainable Aviation. Conference paper, in: Transport and Tourism: Challenges, Issues and Conflicts. pp.94-104.
- Gössling S. (2009). The Future of Tourism from a Climate Change Perspective: The post-Kyoto Challenge. Presentation of 23 Oct. 2009, MODUL University, Vienna.
- Gössling S. (2008). Reducing Carbon: Global Perspective for a Global Problem. Capacity Building Seminar, April 2008. Ballioli College, Univ. of Oxford.
- Gössling S., Peeters P., Ceron J.P., Dubois G., Patterson T., Richardson R.B. (2005). The eco-efficiency of tourism. Ecological Economics. 54:4:pp.417-434.
- Gössling S. (2002). Global environmental consequences of tourism. Global Env. Change. 12:4:pp.283-302.
- Gössling S, Upham P (2009). Climate change and aviation: Issues, challenges and solutions. Earthscan. http://www.earthscan.co.uk/?tabid=42745
- Gössling S, Ceron JP, Dubois G, Hall CM. (2009) Hypermobile travellers. http://canterbury-nz.academia.edu/CMichaelHall/Papers/150800/Hypermobile_travellers. Chapter 6 in: Gössling S, Upham P (2009). Climate change and aviation: Issues, challenges and solutions. (Supra.)
- Gössling S., Strasdas W. (2011). Carbon Management in Tourism: Mitigating the Impacts on Climate Change. Routledge, New York.
- Gössling S., Hall C.M., Scott D. (2009). The challenges of tourism as a development strategy in an era of global climate change. In: Development in a Carbon-Constrained World -- Development Cooperation and Climate Change. pp.100-119. Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.