|Governor of Sveriges Riksbank|
1 January 2006
|Deputy||Lars E.O. Svensson|
|Preceded by||Lars Heikensten|
|Born||23 May 1953
|Alma mater||Stockholm School of Economics|
|Occupation||Banker and civil servant.|
Ingves was named Governor of Sveriges Riksbank in 2006. In response to the Icelandic financial crisis of 2008, Ingves argued that "in times of uncertainty and turmoil, the central banks have a responsibility to cooperate."  Ingves confronted the "task of safeguarding macroeconomic and financial stability" in 2008; and in 2009, he presided over a decline to the lowest official Swedish interest rate since records began in 1907.
- Den oreglerade kreditmarknaden : en expertrapport från 1980 års kreditpolitiska utredning (1981)
- Aspects of Trade Credit (1984)
- The Nordic Banking Crisis from an International Perspective (2002)
- Issues in the Establishment of Asset Management Companies (2004)
- Lessons Learned from Previous Banking Crises: Sweden, Japan, Spain, and Mexico (2009)
- Central Bank Management (2009)
- Nationalencyklopedin article about Ingves doesn't mention any nationality which per default means that the individual in question is Swedish. Also according to the Instrument of Government 1974, Chapter 11: Administration of justice and general administration, Article 9, Paragraph 3 only a Swedish citizen can serve as the head of an agency under the Riksdag. This requirement has been removed from the Constitution from January 1, 2011, and is instead supposed to be regulated in an ordinary law.
- "Stefan Ingves". Sveriges Riksbank. 4 May 2010. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "Lars E.O. Svensson". Sveriges Riksbank. 17 May 2010. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "Lars Heikensten". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "Stefan Ingves". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 2 September 2010. (subscription required)
- Riksbank, Ingves CV
- Landler, Mark. "3 Nordic Banks Help Iceland Prop Up Currency," New York Times. May 17, 2008; retrieved 2011-08-17
- "Nordic central banks act to support Icelandic currency," New York Times. May 16, 2008; retrieved 2011-08-17
- "Swedish central bank cuts rates to record 1 percent," New York Times. November 1, 2009; retrieved 2011-08-17
- Fact sheet - Basel Committee on Banking Supervision at the Bank for International Settlements website
- WorldCat Identities: Ingves, Stefan 1953-
Title last held byLars Heikensten
|Governor of Sveriges Riksbank
2006 - present