Stefan Ishizaki in 2008
|Full name||Stefan Daisuke Ishizaki|
|Date of birth||15 May 1982|
|Place of birth||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking Midfielder|
|Current club||LA Galaxy|
|2004||→ Genoa (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 May 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born to a Japanese father and a Swedish mother, he started his career in Djurgårdens IF, however he shortly moved to Rågsveds IF instead and stayed with the club until 1999 when he signed a contract with major Swedish club AIK. He made his debut for the club in the same year in Svenska Cupen as he came on as a substitute in the 80th minute against Gefle IF, he later came on as a substitute again in the final, which AIK won 1–0 against IFK Göteborg, making him the youngest in the country to win the Cup, being only 16 years and 364 days old.
His league debut was not until the 2000 season against his future club IF Elfsborg. He quickly established himself as a starting lineup player and really broke through as a player against Helsingborgs IF, a 4–1 victory, scoring a goal and making 2 assists. He missed out the first game of the 2001 season due to an injury he got during the pre-season, which would continue to haunt him for the rest of the season, but he fully recovered for the 2002 season. Prior to the 2004 season he was loaned out to Italian Serie B club Genoa over the spring part of the season, later when AIK was relegated to Superettan he signed with Norwegian club Vålerenga.
During the winterbreak of the 2003–04 season Genoa C.F.C. loan Ishizaki until the end of the season. Ishizaki did not play many games for the club before returning to AIK. Genoa also had an option to buy the player, but it was never used.
Instead of following AIK down into Superettan, Ishizaki decided to sign with Norwegian club Vålerenga, helping the club to break rival Rosenborg BK 13 straight league wins and bringing the title back to the club for the first time since 1984.
He then left the club, signing for Allsvenska club IF Elfsborg.
Stefan Ishizaki returned to Sweden prior to the 2006 season, signing for IF Elfsborg. Being a major signing for the coming season, he helped the club to claim the league title at the end of the season.
After his successful first season he remained with Elfsborg, taking a medal every season, gold (1st) in 2006, bronze (4th) in 2007, the Stora Silvret (2nd) in 2008, Lilla Silvret in 2009 (3rd) and bronze (4th) in 2010. Prior to the 2010 season he signed a new 5-year contract with the club.
- 1999 Svenska Cupen Champion
- 2005 Tippeligaen Champion
- 2006 Allsvenskan Champion
- 2012 Allsvenskan Champion
- "STEFAN ISHIZAKI – HÖGERMITTFÄLTAREN 2000–04" (in Swedish). aik.se. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "Ishizaki hyrs ut till Genoa" (in Swedish). dn.se. 23 December 2003. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "Stefan Ishizaki till Vålerenga" (in Swedish). fotbolldirekt.com. 9 December 2004. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "Ishizaki valde Elfsborg – Årets värvning är klar!" (in Swedish). elfsborg.se. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "Elfsborg klarade pressen och vann SM-guldet" (in Swedish). svenskfotboll.se. 2006. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "Glad Stefan Ishizaki förlänger med IF Elfsborg" (in Swedish). elfsborg.se. 15 January 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "LA Galaxy sign Swedish midfielder Stefan Ishizaki". Los Angeles Galaxy. 30 January 2014. Retrieved 30 January 2014.