February 12, 1993 |
Plano, TX, USA
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||193 lb (88 kg; 13 st 11 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Norfolk Admirals (AHL)
|NHL Draft||21st overall, 2011
Stefan Noesen (born February 12, 1993) is an American ice hockey player. He is currently playing for the Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League (AHL). Noesen was selected in the first round (21st overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the Ottawa Senators. He was traded to the Anaheim Ducks in 2013.
Noesen played major junior hockey with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League. He was selected by the Senators with the first round draft pick the team obtained from Nashville in exchange for forward Mike Fisher. He signed an entry level contract with Ottawa on December 29, 2011.
Noesen made the Team USA lineup for the 2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships but was not allowed to participate in the tournament. At the time, he was serving a 10 game OHL suspension for a charging incident and the IIHF honored the suspension. A few weeks later, following the resolution of the 2012 NHL lockout, Noesen was invited to the Senators' training camp held in Ottawa. He failed to make the Senators' lineup and on January 16, 2013, was assigned to his major junior team, the Plymouth Whalers.
- 2011 prospects: Stefan Noesen sees stars in his past, present, and future - Hockey's Future
- Senators add to prospect stockpile with signings
- Senators prospect Stefan Noesen to miss world juniors
- News Release: Senators reduce training camp roster
- "Ducks Acquire Silfverberg, Noesen and a First-Round Selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft From Ottawa in Exchange For Ryan - Anaheim Ducks - News". Ducks.nhl.com. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- Stefan Noesen's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Stefan Noesen's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Ottawa Senators first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|