|Born||March 1983(age 32)|
|Occupation||Lead Product Designer, international product design consultant|
|Known for||Premium Industrial Design|
|Home town||Barcelona, Spain|
Stefan Radev (born March 1983) is a Barcelona based product designer and visual artist, best known for his concept design projects under the brand "Visions".
Radev was raised both in Rousse, Bulgaria and Neckarhausen, Germany, where he lived with his parents in the early 90´s. Later (in the year 2005) he obtained an academic degree in Industrial Design (University of Rousse – Angel Kanchev, Bulgaria).
He returned to Germany soon after finishing his studies and worked for the Bavarian outdoor sport equipment manufacturer Skywalk GmbH, as part of the R & D team. In the role of a product designer, being in charge for creating paragliding and kitesurfing equipment for more than two years as a free collaborator.
As this first design collaboration was mainly based on combining his hobbies (paragliding & kitesurfing) with product design, he moved from specific equipment design to a broader, multidisciplinary Design field (consumer & industrial goods design).
In 2007 he started a collaboration with Hamburg based design studio "Invento Design", where he lived and worked until December 2009.
In April 2009 he started to experiment with concept design projects (Leica S5), that was among the winners of a camera design contest with the "Leica S5 concept" earlier that year, held by a German photography Magazine (fotoMagazin).
He moved on January 2010 from Hamburg to Barcelona, Spain, establishing an international design consultation studio, together with partners from Hamburg and Munich, Germany.
Soon after his relocation to Barcelona, Spain (in January 2010), Radev presented the “Vespeo espresso machine”, a Vespa scooter-lifestyle espresso machine.
Later in 2010 he started a collaboration with the Startup “OsmAnd”, that created the equally named GPS navigation App for Android devices. He was responsible for the following two and a half years for the User Interface, product logos, strategic functions and marketing, having more of a consulting role in the organisation, offering graphical and advisory proposals.
In February 2011 Radev presented a new concept design including a complete redesign of the Gulfstream G550 private jet interior. The eco-friendly open layout that emphasized control of the interior environment via iPad was called "simple, elegant and ergonomic" by Luxist. In JETGALA Magazine, Tricia Lim wrote about the project: "Bamboo was used because of its high sustainability, as it grows so quickly. Coupled with spacious seating with an iPad at every seat to create a clean, functional G550 for entertaining, working or relaxing during flight".
In February 2013 Radev introduced a new concept design (“Molecule water sports helmet & headset"). The key element in this concept is the introduction of a wireless headset into the helmet´s ear pads, receiving the signals from a walkie talkie, easing the communication process between teacher and student, during kite or windsurf lessons for example.
Stefan Radev´s concept projects are frequently published in international lifestyle, design & luxury magazines both print and online, lifestyle blogs as well as trend websites.
Radev is also into sketching & painting, as well as creation of visual imagery for advertising campaigns. As for example a collaboration via Invento Design & Jan von Borstel for Yves Saint Laurent (“Yves Saint Laurent- Gold Logo”) in 2009.
Since December 2012 the US Startup “Global Crew Logistics-Concierge” is featuring his high-end visualisation of the “Gulfstream G550-visions edition” aircraft, on their corporate website, done for the same named design study project.
- A'Design Award Winner – Silver (Italy), Heavy Machinery Design - “Sao Ville tractor", April 2014
- A'Design Award Winner – Silver (Italy), Transportation - “Gulfstream G550- visions edition", April 2012
- Foto Magazin (Germany), "Dream camera" contest, January 2009
- Lim, Tricia (2011). "Techno Feat". Jetgala Magazine 6: 41.
- Juniper Foo. "Concept luxe land yacht has the wind in its sails". CNET (September 2009).
- "Blue Dynamics Land Yacht by Stefan Radev". Zilla online magazine (June 2010).
- Cora Mar. "Luxury Aircraft Interior by Stefan Radev". LuxeDB- Luxury Magazine (March 2011).
- "Customized Gulfstream G550 Interior by Stefan Radev". GIZMO dir- gadget, technology (March 2011).
- "Molecule- helmet-headset". Wookmark image blog (March 2013).
Print media publications
- “Flysurfer Flyboards” visuals. Kiteboarding Magazine (Germany), January 2008
- “Dreamcamera contest- Leica S5”. Foto Magazin (Germany), January 2009
- “Blue Dynamics Landyacht”. Le Fourquet-Design, Lifestyle Magazine (Mexico), December 2009
- “Gone with the Wind, Blue Dynamics Landyacht”. Ramp- Car, Lifestyle Magazine (Germany), December 2009
- “La carabela del futuro, Blue Dynamics Landyacht”. Esquire- Lifestyle Magazine (Mexico). May 2010
- “Blue Dynamics Landyacht”. Le Grand Mag - ultra luxury magazine (Spain). April 2010
- “Techno Feat. A new spin on airborne Technology” Lim,Tricia. JETGALA- Aircraft Magazine Page 41.(Singapore), May 2011 (http://www.jetgala.com/downloads/PDF-Jetgala-Magazine-Issue-06.pdf)
- “A vision of joy, Gulfstream G550 visions edition". La Revista y mas – lifestyle & luxury magazine Pages 24–25.(Mexico), April 2013 (http://www.larevistaymas.com/46/Revista/46.html)
- http://stefanradev.com/ - Stefan Radev´s official website