Stefanie Pintoff is an American author of historical mystery novels.
Detective Simon Ziele Books
Stefanie Pintoff’s books take place in New York City in the early 1900s. Her character Simon Ziele is a police detective who lost his fiancée in a steamship accident, and Alistair Sinclair is a talented and egotistical criminologist. Her work is known for intricate plots and historical details, with a focus on early criminal science.
Her book In the Shadow of Gotham won the Minotaur/Mystery Writers of America Award for "Best First Crime Novel", the 2010 Edgar Award for Best First Novel and a 2011 Washington Irving Book Award.
The 1904 General Slocum disaster played a prominent role in two of her novels: In the Shadow of Gotham and Secret of the White Rose.
- In the Shadow of Gotham, Minotaur Books, 2009
- A Curtain Falls, Minotaur Books, 2010
- Secret of the White Rose, Minotaur Books, 2011
- "A Visitor to the World of the Past: PW Talks with Stephanie Pintoff". Publishers Weekly. 2011-03-14.
- ""Interview: Stefanie Pintoff’s Writing Future Takes Root In The Past", Spinetingler Magazine, 06/15/2010".
- "Edgar Awards Database".
- ""In the Shadow of Gotham", Publishers Weekly, 03/09/2009".
- ""A Curtain Falls", Publishers Weekly, 03/15/2010".
- ""Secret of the White Rose", The New York Times, 05/22/2011".
- ""Secret of the White Rose", Publishers Weekly, 03/07/2011".