Stefano Pessina, 2010
|Alma mater||Polytechnic University of Milan|
|Net worth||US$10.4 billion (March 2014)|
|Title||Executive Chairman of Alliance Boots|
Board member of
|Walgreens, Alliance Boots|
In 1977, he took over his family's pharmaceutical wholesaler in Naples and turned it into Alliance Santé, a Franco-Italian pharmaceutical wholesale group. In 1997, it merged with Alliance UniChem, and he joined its Board of Directors. From 2001 to 2004, he served as its Chief Executive. He served as Executive Deputy Chairman, and later as Executive Chairman.
He is separated from his wife Barbara, and they have two children. He has been the partner of Ornella Barra for over 30 years. As of December 2014, he is worth US$11.2 billion, owning about 8% of Walgreens and 18% of Alliance Boots.
His son, a banker, works at Alliance Boots.
- "Stefano Pessina". Forbes.com. Forbes.com LLC.
- Hooper, John. "The secretive world of the Italian tycoon who is stalking Boots". The Guardian. Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Stefano Pessina Biography
- Alliance Boots biography
- Andrea Felsted, Dealmaking flair of Alliance Boots head, The Financial Times, 22 June 2012
- Sideri Massimo, Pessina, signore delle farmacie che tenta la scalata in Europa, Corriere della Sera, 1/2/2014
- Walgreens Board of Directors
- Consumer Goods Forum website, Board of Directors
- "Work is the drug that keeps Boots billionaire on song". The Sunday Times. November 2012.