Stellar Group (construction company)
|Headquarters||Jacksonville, Florida, USA|
|Key people||Ronald H. Foster Jr.
Chief Executive Officer & President
Michael S. Santarone
Chief Operating Officer & Senior VP
Scott V. Witt
Chief Financial Officer & Senior VP
|Services||Design-Build, General Contracting, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Refrigeration and Energy Systems Fabrication/Installation (Self-Perform), Mechanical Services, Quality Assurance and Job-Site Safety, Automation & Controls, Instrumentation and Programming, Utility and Energy Management, Real Estate Services, Thermal Insulation and Roofing|
|Revenue||$501.1 million (2013)|
The Stellar Group, Inc. (which uses the trade name "Stellar") is a privately owned design, engineering, construction and mechanical services firm headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, and founded in 1985. The July, 2013 issue of Florida Trend magazine listed Stellar as Florida’s 60th-largest private company, and reported that it employed 639 people, including architects, engineers, constructors, refrigeration specialists and technicians.
Stellar provides services to commercial and industrial clients in various markets including food & beverage; refrigeration & cold storage; military; automotive; educational; healthcare; institutional; hospitality; power & utilities; and office properties. The company has operations in 12 locations within the United States. Internationally, Stellar operates offices in the Middle East, North Africa, China and Puerto Rico.
In Engineering News-Record magazine's May 2011 "Top 400 Contractors" list, which ranked companies by 2010 construction revenue, Stellar was ranked #102 overall, #6 among industrial contractors and #39 among contractors working abroad. In the magazine’s June 2011 "The Top 100 Design-Build Firms" list, which ranked firms based on revenue derived from projects delivered using the design-build project delivery system, Stellar was ranked #34. In the magazine's April 2011 "Top 500 Design Firms" list, which ranked companies based on design-specific revenue, Stellar was ranked #387.
Corporate giving and education sponsorship
In 2006, the company founded the Stellar Foundation to make its charitable giving process more formalized and begin accepting applications for yearly grants. The company has also begun matching individual employee charitable contributions up to $1,000.
- "The Stellar Group shortens its name" Jacksonville Business Journal, March 9, 2007
- TopRank Florida – Top 200 Private Companies, Florida Trend, retrieved 14 July 2013
- "Case Study: Stellar Group" DuPont, Refrigerants Group
- "Stellar Group" Hoovers Business Intelligence, Company profiles
- The Top 400 Contractors, Engineering News-Record: McGraw-Hill, retrieved May 2011
- The Top 100 Design-Build Firms, Engineering News-Record: McGraw-Hill, retrieved June 2011
- The Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record: McGraw-Hill, retrieved April 2011
- Strupp, Dave: "Stellar creates foundation for giving to nonprofits" Jacksonville Business Journal, October 9, 2006
- Khairullah, Natasha: "The Stellar Group establishes foundation" Jax Daily Record, October 6, 2006
- Fitzroy, Maggie: "Mechanically teaching at Nease" Florida Times-Union, December 29, 2006