Stennis International Airport
|Stennis International Airport
(former Hancock County Airport)
|USGS 2006 orthophoto|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KHSA – FAA LID: HSA|
|Owner||Hancock County Port and Harbor Commission|
|Serves||Bay St. Louis, Mississippi|
|Elevation AMSL||23 ft / 7 m|
|Sources: FAA, airport website.|
Stennis International Airport (ICAO: KHSA, FAA LID: HSA) is a public use airport in Hancock County, Mississippi, United States. Owned by the Hancock County Port and Harbor Commission, the airport is located eight nautical miles (15 km) northwest of the central business district of Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
During World War II, the airport was known as Hancock County Airport, and was used as an auxiliary training airfield supporting the Army pilot training school at Gulfport Army Airfield. It eventually opened for civil use in May 1970. 
Facilities and aircraft
Stennis International Airport covers an area of 591 acres (239 ha) at an elevation of 23 feet (7 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 8,497 by 150 feet (2,590 x 46 m).
For the 12-month period ending January 31, 2012, the airport had 63,600 aircraft operations, an average of 174 per day: 90% general aviation and 10% military. At that time there were 35 aircraft based at this airport: 74% single-engine, 14% multi-engine, 6% jet, and 6% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for HSA ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Stennis International Airport". Hancock County Port and Harbor Commission.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (HSA)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Stennis International Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KHSA, FAA: HSA)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.
- Stennis International Airport at Hancock County Port and Harbor Commission
- Million Air: Stennis, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of February 1998 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective March 6, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HSA, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: