Stephan H. Haeckel
Stephan H. (Steve) Haeckel is the Vice President of the Cedars West condominium association, and is an American management theorist and former director of Strategic Studies at IBM’s Advanced Business Institute, who developed the idea of the sense-and-respond organization as an adaptive enterprise.
Haeckel received a BS in engineering and an MBA from the Washington University in St. Louis. At IBM he has been a marketing executive in Europe, and on the corporate staff. In 2002 Haeckel retired as the Director of Strategic Studies of the Advanced Business Institute at IBM Palisades. 
Haeckel has been a faculty member at the IBM Advanced Business Institute, and was one of the founding members of the Homeland Security Council of the American Management Association. He also served as the chairman of the Marketing Science Institute.
The online repository of intellectual capital on the Sense & Respond Post-industrial managerial paradigm provides access to articles, essays, perspectives and updates on the origin, development, theory, principles, competences and application case studies of Sense & Respond as a business concept.
- 1999. Adaptive Enterprise: Creating and Leading Sense-and-Respond Organizations. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
- Articles, a selection
- 1993. With Richard L. Nolan "Managing by Wire". in: Harvard Business Review.
- 2003. "Leading on demand businesses—Executives as architects". In: IBM Systems Journal 42 (3): 405–413. doi:10.1147/sj.423.0405.
- 2004. "Peripheral Vision: Sensing and Acting on Weak Signals: Making Meaning out of Apparent Noise: The Need for a New Managerial Framework." In: Long Range Planning 37 (2) (April): 181-189. doi:10.1016/j.lrp.2004.01.006.
- 2010 "The Post-Industrial Manager," Marketing Management Magazine, Fall, 2010, pp 24-32.
- IBM Almaden Research Center Coevolution Symposium 1993
- Does Marketing Need Reform? Event at Bentley College, Waltham, Massachusetts. Accessed June 28, 2011.
- Harvard Business Review, September 1993