Stephan Van Dam
|Stephan Van Dam|
Van Dam in August 2010
April 2, 1959 |
|Education||Parsons School of Design, 1981
Harvard Business Club, 1985
School of Visual Arts, 1996
|Awards||Gold, Industrial Design Society of America, 1986
ID Magazine, Honorable Mention, 1989
Stephan Van Dam (born April 2, 1959) is a cartographer, graphic designer and information architect. He is the president, principal and creative director of New York–based VanDam, Inc. Van Dam holds several patents in the field of paper engineering and origami map folding. Twenty-six of his maps are in the permanent Design Collection of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA).
- "COMINGS AND GOINGS; New Bilingual Maps For Visitors to Chinese Cities". The New York Times. October 26, 2008.
- "Style Makers; Stephan Van Dam, Map Publisher". The New York Times. December 24, 1989.
- "'Sexy' iPad Maps: A Designer's Interactive New York Streetscapes". The Atlantic. August 4, 2011.
- Mapping New York Black Dog Publishing ISBN 978-1-906155-82-7
- Steven Heller The Education of a Design Entrepreneur Allworth Press ISBN 1-58115-221-3
- Nigel Homes The Best in Diagrammatic Graphics Rotovision SA 1993 ISBN 4-89737-067-1
- Keizo Matsui Three Dimensional Graphics Rikuyo-sha Publishing, Inc. ISBN 2-88046-192-8
- ALEHOP, Dissenys, Enginys i Remeis Electa ISBN 84-8156-349-8