||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
|Born||Stephanie Lyn Beard
August 27, 1981
Cochrane, Ontario, Canada
|Other names||Stephanie Sugar Lyn Beard
Sugar Lyn Beard
Stephanie Lyn Beard (born August 27, 1981) is a Canadian television actress, voice actress and television and radio personality. Her radio host persona uses the name "Suga BayBee", and as co-host of The Zone, she was called "Sugar". For many of her Hollywood roles, she also uses the stage name "Sugar Lyn Beard".
Beard's Suga Bay Bee was also a character on the Mad Dog and Billie morning show formerly aired on Toronto radio station KISS 92.5. Beard's squeeky-voiced character began appearing on KISS when Beard was 19 years old and otherwise working as a sales clerk.
From 2001 to 2007, Beard hosted and produced The Zone, a series of short interstitial segments that aired between regular weekday programming on the Canadian children's network YTV. She also hosted additional programs like Sugar & Avril: A Zone Special. She and Carlos hosted a weekly hour-long program, Plugged In, on the website Corus Entertainment website boomboxbaby.ca.
She also had a column in the youth newspaper, Brand New Planet; it was distributed with subscriptions to the Toronto Star only. In 2006, the Star put her on the long list for Children's Entertainment, when creating their Essentially Canadian Top 10 lists.
Among her works, she played the role of Susan in the 2011 film 50/50 and the character Fiona in two episodes of season 6 of Weeds. Her most recent projects are as Krissy in the 2012 film For a Good Time, Call..., and the role of Maureen in the upcoming Living Loaded.
- Voice artist
- Sailor Moon (77 episodes, 2000) as Rini/Sailor Mini-Moon
- Pecola (2001) as Coco
- The Santa Claus Brothers (2001)
- Beyblade (2002) as Ming Ming
- Cyberchase (1 episode, 2004) as Creech
- Kevin Hill (1 episode, 2004) as Santa's Helper
- Sons of Butcher (3 episodes, 2006)
- Captain Flamingo (3 episodes, 2006) as Kristen
- Di-Gata Defenders (4 episodes, 2006) as Kara
- The Amazing Spiez! as Tami
- King of the Hill (1 episode, 2009)
- Live actor
- The Red Green Show (2 episodes) as Kelly Cook
- The Zone (2001 to 2007) as Host and producer
- Weeds (2 episodes, 2010) as Fiona
- The Mindy Project (1 episode, 2012) as Claire
- Live actor
- True Story. Based on Things That Never Actually Happened. ...And Some That Did. (2010) as Amanda
- Not Quite College (2010) as Jessica
- Stag (2011) as Mary
- Darla (2011) as Loud Mouth
- 50/50 (2011) as Susan
- For a Good Time, Call... (2012) as Krissy
- Living Loaded (2012) as Maureen
- Note that Toronto Star listed her birth year as 1980 in a list called Essentially Canadian, 2006.
- Goddard, Peter (December 18, 2000). "Listeners love morning KISS ; Mouse-like Suga BayBee radio voice for younger generation" (subsrciption required). Toronto Star. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Barnard, Linda (January 23, 2012). "Sundance 2012: For A Good Time Call, first look at raunchy comedy". Toronto Star. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Pigg, Susan (February 24, 2001). "Kiss and makeover ; Country music station CISS 92 changed to pop tunes overnight" (subscription required). Toronto Star. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- "Country music Industry as plastic as its songs". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- Your Name (this will appear with your post) (2006-11-07). "Broadband Radio Booming, Baby | Mediacaster Magazine - Broadband & Content". Mediacaster Magazine. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "Sweet! Suga Baybee's in Brand New Planet (ad)". Toronto Star (Toronto ON). 10 February 2004. p. E16.
- "Essentially Canadian: Children's Entertainment". Toronto Star (Toronto ON). 22 June 2006.
- Cusimano, Salvatore (Apr 17, 2012). "50 e 50 – Recensione". ecodelcinema (in Italian). Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Fabien (February 25, 2012). "Casting:". Critictoo (in French). Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Sugar Lyn Beard at the Internet Movie Database
- Stephanie Beard on Myspace
- Stephanie Beard on Twitter