Stephanie Glaser was born in Neuchâtel and grew up in Bern. She studied acting at the Reinhardt-Seminar in Vienna and then performed at various theatres in Switzerland and Germany. She was a member of the Bäretatze, Floigefänger and Fédéral comedy troupes, and became, alongside Walter Roderer, one of Switzerland's noted popular actresses as well as a leading figure of the 1950s Swiss comedy scene.
She became known to the general public for her roles in the Gotthelf film adaptations Uli der Knecht and Ueli, der Pächter, and notably for starring as "Aunt Elise" in the TV show Teleboy by Kurt Felix between 1974 and 1981. Later she was also cast in the TV series Motel and Die Direktorin.
In the 1980s she returned to film work and in 2006, at the age of 86, she was cast in her first title role in the critically and commercially successful movie Late Bloomers (Die Herbstzeitlosen). Stephanie Glaser continued working as an actress in her old age. A few months before she died on 14 January 2011, aged 90, she had been shooting scenes for the TV movie Mord hinterm Vorhang.
- 1954: Uli der Knecht – Trinette
- 1955: Ueli der Pächter – Trinette
- 1955: Polizischt Wäckerli
- 1957: Taxichauffeur Bänz – Lilly
- 1984: Motel (TV show)
- 1988: Klassezämekunft – Lisbeth Schneider
- 1989: Leo Sonnyboy – Mother of Leo
- 1990: Der Tod zu Basel – Ms. Steiner
- 1994: Die Direktorin (TV show)
- 2000: Komiker – Mother Beck
- 2001: Spital in Angst – Patient
- 2001: Birdseye – Maya Vogelaug
- 2004: Sternenberg – Old Lady
- 2005: Mein Name ist Eugen – Aunt Melanie
- 2006: Late Bloomers – Martha Jost
- 2007: Wen der Berg ruft
- 2008: Hunkeler und der Fall Livius (TV movie)
- 2009: Das Fräuleinwunder – Frida Borel
- 2010: Mord hinterm Vorhang – Lydia Walliser
- 2006: Special Leopard of the Locarno International Film Festival for Late Bloomers
- 2006: SwissAward in the culture category for Late Bloomers
- 2006: Prix Walo
- «Stephanie Glaser». In: Susanna Schwager. Das volle Leben: Frauen über achtzig erzählen. Wörterseh Verlag, Gockhausen b. Zürich, 2007, p. 45–67.
- "Schauspielerin Stephanie Glaser gestorben". Tages-Anzeiger. 15 January 2011. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- Hauzenberger, Martin (16 January 2011). "Lady mit Witz und Charme: Zum Tod von Stephanie Glaser". Neue Zürcher Zeitung. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- Stephanie Glaser at the Internet Movie Database
- CV (Swissfilms)
- Stephanie Glaser: ein filmischer Rückblick zum 90. Geburtstag (3 Minuten), SF, in: Glanz & Gloria of 22 February 2010
- Eine kleine Winterreise – Unterwegs mit Stephanie Glaser, SF, in: Reporter (SF) of 30 December 2009