|Born||Stephanie Leigh Ruhle
December 24, 1975
Park Ridge, New Jersey, United States
|Occupation||Journalist, News Anchor|
|Title||Managing Editor at Bloomberg Television and Editor-at-Large at Bloomberg News|
Stephanie Ruhle (born December 24, 1975) is a managing editor and news anchor for Bloomberg Television and editor-at-large for Bloomberg News. Ruhle currently co-hosts the Bloomberg Television show Market Makers. Ruhle is known as the first journalist to break the 2012 story of the London Whale, identifying the trader behind the 2012 JPMorgan Chase trading loss.
Ruhle joined Bloomberg Television in October 2011, where she co-hosted a two-hour early morning program called “Inside Track” with co-anchor Erik Schatzker. In 2012, Ruhle and Schatzker joined “Market Makers,” a two-hour late morning program. She has profiled iconic figures including former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein, hedge fund managers Stanley Druckenmiller and David Tepper, NBA player Kobe Bryant, former Vice President Al Gore, business magnate Russell Simmons, musician Sean Combs and musician Kanye West.
In April 2012, Ruhle, along with Bloomberg reporters Bradley Keoun and Mary Childs, was the first reporter to break the story of the London Whale, the trader behind the 2012 JPMorgan Chase trading loss. Ruhle reported that Bruno Iksil, the London-based trader at JP Morgan, had amassed positions large enough to distort prices in the $10 trillion credit derivative market.
Prior to joining Bloomberg, Ruhle spent 14 years working in the finance industry. While in college, she spent a summer interning for Merrill Lynch. In 1997, she joined Credit Suisse where she spent six years working in hedge fund sales. During her time at Credit Suisse First Boston, she served as a vice president and became the highest producing credit derivatives salesperson in the United States. In 2003, Ruhle joined Deutsche Bank as a credit salesperson covering hedge funds. She ended her eight-year career there as a managing director in Global Markets Senior Relationship Management. While at Deutsche Bank, Ruhle founded the Global Market Women’s Network to help women move into leadership roles at the company.
Ruhle is also a columnist for Shape.com, the website for Shape magazine, and a LinkedIn influencer. Ruhle was featured on the cover of Working Mother magazine in October 2012, as well as Fit Pregnancy on their April/May 2013 issue. She has also been profiled by 201 Magazine, Glass Hammer, IWantHerJob, and Business Insider.
Ruhle founded the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) Women's Network and co-chaired the Women on Wall Street (WOWS) steering committee. Ruhle is also a member of the board of trustees for Girls, Inc. New York and a former member of the iMentor Corporate Advisory Board. She is a member of 100 Women in Hedge Funds, The Women's Bond Club and a member of the corporate council of The White House Project, a not-for-profit organization working to advance women in business, government, and media. She also serves on the board and advises for React To Film, an issue-based documentary film series.
- "Stephanie Ruhle". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "STEPHANIE RUHLE: 'How I Caught The London Whale'". Business Insider. 2012-05-11. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Bloomberg TV hires new anchor". Talking Biz News. 2011-10-22. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Stephanie Ruhle: Anchor, Bloomberg Television - I Want Her Job". Iwantherjob.com. 2012-08-21. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Blankfein, Bloomberg Discuss Entrepreneurship, Risk". Bloomberg TV. 2014-06-03. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Damn You Russell Simmons.". LinkedIn. 2014-03-27. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Trendsetters: Technology, Culture, Design". Bloomberg TV. 2014-06-27. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "JPMorgan Trader’s Positions Said to Distort Credit Indexes". Bloomberg. 2012-04-06. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "Stephanie Ruhle On Female Traders". Business Insider. 2013-06-05. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Voice of Experience: Stephanie Ruhle, Managing Director, Relationship Management, Deutsche Bank". The Glass Hammer. 2011-08-01. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Meet Stephanie Ruhle, The Former Deutsche Banker Who's The Sharpest New Thing On Financial TV". Business Insider. 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Deutsche Bank Named among the 100 Best Companies of 2009 by Working Mother Magazine". Db.com. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Stephanie Ruhle | Shape Magazine". Shape.com. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Čeština. "Pulse". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Stephanie Ruhle Hubbard". Working Mother. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Bloomberg TV's Stephanie Ruhle April/May Cover". Fit Pregnancy. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Person-To-Person: Park Ridge native Stephanie Ruhle is Business Minded". Bergen.com. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "A Day In The Life Of Stephanie Ruhle". Business Insider. 2013-02-28. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Lehigh University Alumni Connection". Lehigh University. 2012-10-01. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "Bloomberg TV’s Stephanie Ruhle Gives Birth to Baby Girl - TVNewser". Mediabistro.com. 2013-04-24. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Wall Street Women Forum". Wall Street Women Forum. 2008-07-01. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Girls Inc. of NYC - About Us". Girlsincnyc.org. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Corporate Council Member Discusses How Mentoring Promotes Career Success for Women". iMentor. 2011-08-04. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Stephanie Ruhle | World Economic Forum - Stephanie Ruhle". Weforum.org. Retrieved 2014-03-02.